Re: [gnome-db] libgnomeoffice

> On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 12:55, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>> Hi Vivien (and all)
>>
>> There are discussions going on on the gnome-office-list gnome org, since
>> the time has come to start sharing code between all GNOME Office apps.
>>
>> The code to be shared is in the gnome-office module in CVS, and what
>> there is there is a plugin system, which is the one that is going to be
>> used by all GO apps.
>>
>> So, Vivien, since Mergeant has plugins, take into account that all
>> plugins should be converted to the libgnomeoffice plugin system.

There is a plugin system which provides capabilities to handle special
data types, for example for the Postgres's CIDR data type, etc. It is
built on the GModules. It could easily be converted to any other format.

> hmm, just came to my mind, what about providing the data dictionary as a
> plugin to the GO plugin system? That way, there will be no need to have
> a libmergeant, just a plugin, provided by mergeant, which is installed
> in the system, and available to all GO apps without any extra library.

There is not _one_ dictionnary, but one for each data source, and even one
for each usage of a data source. I need to learn more about the GO plugin
system to see what could be done. Do you have an URL to get some
information?

Cheers,