Re: [gnome-db] Failure building xBase backend

> wel you don't offer much in terms of a failure information either, the
> only thing I see is that several providers are not used, could you give
> more information please as to what you consider a build failure on it.

Ok,  I tried to add an xbase package to the RPM SPEC file.  It failed
because gda-xbase.so wasn't built.  So I tried a manual build with the
same configure params as the RPM uses.  It seems like the configure
script does even set it up to build, as though it is missing a
dependency or some such.  I've rooted around in the xBase makefile and
don't see any references to libraries I don't recognize.

Ah.  Looking in the config file i see -
if test $try_xbase = true
then
        echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for Xbase files" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for Xbase files... $ECHO_C" >&6
        xbasedir=""
        for d in $dir /usr /usr/local /opt/xbase
        do
                if test -f $d/include/xdb/xbase.h
                then
                        echo "$as_me:$LINENO: result: found Xbase in $d"
>&5
echo "${ECHO_T}found Xbase in $d" >&6
                        xbasedir=$d
                        break
                fi
        done
        if test x$xbasedir = x
        then
                { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: WARNING: Xbase backend not used"
>&5
echo "$as_me: WARNING: Xbase backend not used" >&2;}
        else
                XBASE_CFLAGS=-I${xbasedir}/include
                XBASE_LIBS="-L${xbasedir}/lib -lxdb"
                cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF