Re: [gnome-db] getting mergeant to 1.0

On Thursday 18 September 2003 00:32, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> If people can comment on this app, or any other with good UIs, please do
> it. I would like to start working on all this (or whatever comes up)
> ASAP, so please, comment quick, so that we can take advantage of the 6
> months cycle.

As of yet I haven't been able to check out Mergeant since my machines don't
seem to want to cooperate with Gnome, however Danilo has brought the concept
of other UI's to my attention before and this seems like a suitable time and
place to contribute them.

I think we could benefit from a command-line 'monitor' program (similar to
those supplied with most db backends).. While this wouldn't be too
complicated to create, it would require absolute conformity from all
providers (with respect to handling of NON-SELECT queries and similar
inconsistencies - which hopefully will be eradicated in the near future).

An extension on this idea would be an ncurses based User Interface, a
text-mode Mergeant as it were. If there is any interest in this I could be
tempted to satisfy my masochistic urges and have a go at it.. (Could be quite
useful for remote management of libgda systems?)

Maybe I'm pulling in a different direction Rodrigo on this one (i.e looking at
simple basic UI's instead of fancy OSX style tree thingys), but maybe we
could benefit from them? Reactions?

Cheers - Chris