Re: [gnome-db] GnomeDbForm

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 03:59, Paisa Seeluangsawat wrote:
> Our record updating aspect seems to start rolling.  I'm happy :-).  I
> would like to share some code that might help in testing out this new
> feature.

cool

> I've been playing with GnomeDbForm for a few weeks now so it allows
> user-designed forms and record updating.  Once supported by Glade,
> creating a simple data-input program would be a snap.
>
> What's working
>   - GNOME_DB_FORM_TYPE_NAVIGATOR
>   - user defined FORM_TYPE
>   - browsing records around
>   - updating records
>
> What needs more work (yet)
>   - GNOME_DB_FORM_TYPE_LIST
>   - Record insertion
>   - doc comment
>
> An example program is included (test.c) to show how to use the new
> features.
>
> Feedbacks would be appreciated :-).

could you please provide it as a patch instead? It's quite difficult to
look at the code that way, since it's mixed with other files. Also, the
auto* setup does not seem to work, so it's difficult to test.

But, since the other time you sent me your work, it looked pretty good,
I'd say just prepare the new files to be included into libgnomedb HEAD
and commit. We really want this feature, so the sooner we've got code to
test in CVS, the sooner we'll fix it.

So please, include the new files in CVS HEAD, make sure everything
compiles, move the test program to libgnomedb/testing, include
everything in the build and commit :-)

Again, thanks to you and to Laurent for all the work on this. I am too
busy myself to work on all that right now, so having you both working on
this is just great! Just remind me to buy you some beers if we ever meet
:-)