Re: [gnome-db] mergeant & oracle

> i'm trying to use mergeant with oracle provider, but it doesn't show me
> tables, sequences and so on...
> mergeant 0.12.1
>
> int int:~/Development/oracle/libgda$ mergeant
> Position 0: Expected 14, got 16
>
> (mergeant:24886): mergeant-WARNING **: The provider has returned the
> wrong
> number and/or types of data
> for the TYPES schema description.
> Please contact the provider's maintainer and report the problem.
> Position 0: Expected 14, got 16
>
> (mergeant:24886): mergeant-WARNING **: The provider has returned the
> wrong
> number and/or types of data
> for the PROCEDURES schema description.
> Please contact the provider's maintainer and report the problem.
> Position 0: Expected 14, got 16
>
> (mergeant:24886): mergeant-WARNING **: The provider has returned the
> wrong
> number and/or types of data
> for the AGGREGATES schema description.
> Please contact the provider's maintainer and report the problem.
> Position 0: Expected 14, got 16
>
> (mergeant:24886): mergeant-WARNING **: The provider has returned the
> wrong
> number and/or types of data
> for the TABLES schema description.
> Please contact the provider's maintainer and report the problem.
> Position 0: Expected 14, got 16
>
> (mergeant:24886): mergeant-WARNING **: The provider has returned the
> wrong
> number and/or types of data
> for the VIEWS schema description.
> Please contact the provider's maintainer and report the problem.
> Position 0: Expected 14, got 16
>
> (mergeant:24886): mergeant-WARNING **: The provider has returned the
> wrong
> number and/or types of data
> for the SEQUENCE schema description.
> Please contact the provider's maintainer and report the problem.
>
> ** (mergeant:24886): CRITICAL **: file gda-data-model.c: line 319
> (gda_data_model_get_n_rows): assertion `GDA_IS_DATA_MODEL (model)'
> failed
>
> (mergeant:24886): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1337
> (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
> MPQ Removing Query Top Query
> int int:~/Development/oracle/libgda$

These messages come out because the Oracle provider is not up to date with
Libgda's SCHEMAs specifications (included in the documentation).

The Oracle provider needs some work on this... For now this means you
can't use Mergeant with it; sorry.

I don't know the exact state of the Oracle provider, so I can't tell
exactly what amount of work is required to bring it up to date.

Cheers,