Re: [gnome-db] gda_data_model_update_row syntax

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 00:28, Paisa Seeluangsawat wrote:
> Anyway, I can't find updatable cursor in mysql C api, and postgre
> doesn't seem to support it either [1].  I'm new at this so please
> correct me if I'm wrong.

I checked as well, without more success.

> Despite that, I think we can still implement update_row() by
> generating a SQL command like,
>
>   'update ... where column1=old_value1, column2=old_value2... limit 1'

I don't really like this way, even if it should work in all cases.

For example I dislike when the wrong row will be updated in a
homogeneous data model.

Anyway, drawback of this method is that we have to store all values of
the updatable data model somewhere, in order to use them in the UPDATE
instruction (or maybe I'm missing something).

Nevertheless I will have a deeper look into this problem.  I hope to
find a more elegant solution ;-)

Cheers,

--
{ "Laurent" => "http://lrz.samika.net"; }