[gnome-db] FreeTDS & SQL Server 2000

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to a MS SQL Server 2000 installation using FreeTDS and Mergeant. I have had no luck in figuring this one out. All files installed using Redhat 9.0 rpm's on the gnome-db site. I am able to connect via tsql using the following:

~/.freetds.conf:
[global]
   tds version = 8.0

[MYSERVER]
   host = my-server.domain.com
   port = 1433

$ tsql -S MYSERVER -U me
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server my-server, Line 0

However I am unable to connect with mergeant using the following:

~/.libgda/config:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<libgda-config>
   <section path ="/apps/libgda/Datasources/MYDB">
<entry name="DSN" type="string" value="PASSWORD=mypassword,TDS_MINVER=0;TDS_HOST=MYSERVER;USER=me;TDS_MAJVER=8;TDS_PORT=1433;DATABASE=MYDB;TDS_QUERY=MYSERVER"/>
      <entry name="Description" type="string" value="MYDB on MYSERVER"/>
      <entry name="Password" type="string" value="mypassword"/>
      <entry name="Provider" type="string" value="FreeTDS"/>
      <entry name="Username" type="string" value="me"/>
   </section>
</libgda-config>

And variations:
- only username, password, host (as tds name and machine name) & addtionally with port set - only supplying username,password, tds_host & addtionally with tds_port, tds_majver, tds_minver
- with the addtional TDS_FREETDSCONF value set
- with database specified and not

No errors are reported unless I leave out HOST, then it tells me it needs at least host,username,password. Otherwise the application (mergeant or database-properties) simply crashes.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Derek