Re: [gnome-db] gnome-db-i18n

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 19:38, David Sedeño Fernández wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running gnome-db 0.12.1 and when I compile my program it's stop at:
>
> In file included from /usr/local/include/libgnomedb/gnome-db-i18n.h:42,
>                  from /usr/local/include/libgnomedb/libgnomedb.h:36,
>                  from lintpv_window.c:5:
> /usr/include/libintl.h:40: parse error before "const"
> /usr/include/libintl.h:44: parse error before "const"
> /usr/include/libintl.h:52: parse error before "const"
> /usr/include/libintl.h:81: parse error before "const"
> /usr/include/libintl.h:86: parse error before "const"
>
> It's strange a parse error in the glibc-devel package (I reinstalled it,
> without luck).
>
> With gnome-db 0.11 all work ok.
>
> Any idea?

yes, this is part of the breakage we have since the support for GTK-only
compilation was committed. Since then, including libgnomedb.h without
defining BUILD_WITH_GNOME gives a lot of errors.

We should fix this maybe by generating libgnomedb.h depending on the set
of libs available on the system. I'm not sure, but the BUILD_WITH_GNOME
stuff is really ugly.

For a temporary fix, try not including libgnomedb.h, but the different
individual header files you need in your app.