[gnome-db] Diagnosing Memory Allocation Problems

I have a problem now in the Oracle provider where if I g_object_unref a
GdaDataModel to get the finalize method to be called, which in turn will
free the Oracle statement handle I get a segmentation fault in a later
call to malloc.

I suspect either heap corruption or a double-free etc being responsible
for these but these can be hard to track down.  Does anyone know of a
debugging memory allocator that can be attached via the glib GMemVtable
interface rather than having to re-compile a very large number of
libraries?

Any other tips?

Steve.