Re: [gnome-db] gnome-db and Oracle 7.3 (very old)

On Fri, 30 May 2003 16:26:23 +0200
Franco Spinelli <spin bcv it> wrote:

> There is a possibility to compile gnome-db for an Oracle provider running
> on a Sun and old as a 7.3 version ? Gnome-db is on a Linux machine running
> RedHat8. Where and wich library I have to get for that ?

The current libgda oracle provider was designed for Oracle OCI 8.0 or later.  This means the machine running libgda needs to have at least version 8.0 of the Oracle client software installed.

An Oracle 8.0 client can communicate with an Oracle 7.3 server.

Steve.