Re: [gnome-db] Re: new release

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:43:42AM +0100, Fernando Martins wrote:
> Hi Vivien,
> > > * have gnome-office applications access mergeant's engine, which could
> > > be much more powerful than just using libgda/libgnomedb (what they do
> > > right now, mainly only libgda).
> >
> > That's the point, yes. I would also like to be able to use mergeant as a
> > lib from other programs (C or whatever if we can make bonobo interfaces
> > with it).
> >

> Let me just note that depending on Bonobo makes it more difficult to have
> Mergeant running on Windows, which I hope to see one day. So far not even
> libgda is doing the job but it's reasonable to expect it.
>
> Dia has an option like -disable-bonobo to make it compile on Windows. It
> might be worth to consider it.

Although I don't use Windows, I would like to see a version of
libgda/libgnomedb/mergeant running on Windows. So I think we could add
compilation flags to remove parts that are difficult to port to Windows.
What I don't want is to introduce limitations on the Unix version
because there are some problems with Windows.

Are you working on a Windows port?

Cheers,