RE: [gnome-db] Re: new release

Hi Vivien,
> > * have gnome-office applications access mergeant's engine, which could
> > be much more powerful than just using libgda/libgnomedb (what they do
> > right now, mainly only libgda).
>
> That's the point, yes. I would also like to be able to use mergeant as a
> lib from other programs (C or whatever if we can make bonobo interfaces
> with it).

Let me just note that depending on Bonobo makes it more difficult to have
Mergeant running on Windows, which I hope to see one day. So far not even
libgda is doing the job but it's reasonable to expect it.

Dia has an option like -disable-bonobo to make it compile on Windows. It
might be worth to consider it.

Regards,

Fernando