Re: [gnome-db] Xql queries

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 21:34, Santi Camps wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some doubts about xql queries.  Which is the status of this
> issue? Is it something to be implemented in each provider? Or is it
> working yet? I think that is not used to execute commands.

it should be working, but we've never come up to actually use it :-( But
it should work.

> I want to know if I can use it in the libgda-report, or if it's better
> to store queries as sql and use libgda/libsql to check field names (in
> fact, that's all I need, but xql seems a pretty way to store provider
> independent queries).

the best way would be to allow for both XQL and SQL queries. So, I would
add support for both, since SQL is also useful in some cases. But, yes,
definitely, XQL should be supported in the reporting stuff. In fact, the
DTD references the XQL DTD, as far as I remember.