Re: [gnome-db] Xql queries

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 08:34:40PM +0000, Santi Camps wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some doubts about xql queries.  Which is the status of this
> issue? Is it something to be implemented in each provider? Or is it
> working yet? I think that is not used to execute commands.

Nobody has worked on it for quite some time, but it passed some tests.
Maybe it needs some more work, and some documentation.

> I want to know if I can use it in the libgda-report, or if it's better
> to store queries as sql and use libgda/libsql to check field names (in
> fact, that's all I need, but xql seems a pretty way to store provider
> independent queries).

I'd really prefer if you used the XQL queries since it is something I'd
like to use in mergeant and which would solve a lot of problems.

So if you want to spend some time on it, that would be good, but if you
don't have a lot of time, then you can do direct SQL queries...

Cheers,