Re: [gnome-db] UI changes and procedure editor

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 02:30:57PM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi
>
> If you get mergeant from CVS, you'll see some UI tweaks I've made,
> which, although quite small, make it look much better, IMO.
>
> Another thing is about the procedure/function editor. I know we already
> talked about it, and that a good solution was discussed, but I am
> thinking that a quick-but-works solution might be a good idea.
>
> That is, what about adding a Procedures tab on the main mergeant window,
> and, on it, have a list of all procedures, and give the user the ability
> to edit the SQL (which we retrieve via the schema) of the selected
> procedures.
>
> This is an easy hack that I can do in a few hours, and which will only
> need (for the updating back of the procedure) the implementation of a
> small bit of the modify_schema we talked about. Then, once we have this
> basic stuff, we can extend the modify_schema, and have the procedure
> editor support all the things we discussed (multiple languages, etc).
>
> But, as a first step, since I think many people will appreciate having a
> procedure editor, I guess this is a good solution. Then, as I already
> said, we can extend things to cover all cases.
>
> So, do you agree in me adding this?

Yep, good idea.

You can use the ObjectSelector which will give you a list of all the
procedures, groupped and ordered by names. Also this makes usage of the
list of procedures already present in mergeant and it helps to keep a
coherent GUI. (fetch the list of procedures from
conf->srv->data_functions).

Cheers,