Re: [gnome-db] Re: GNOME CVS: libgda santi

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 12:27, Santi Camps wrote:
> > Hi Santi and all
> >
> > Santi, could you please add an entry to the top-level ChangeLog file for
> > each change you make to CVS? You just have to add, to the beginning of
> > that file, something like:
> >
> > 2003-01-11  Santi Camps
> >
> > 	* directory/file.c (function): explanation.
> >
> > 	* directory/file:explanation
> >
> > this is very important to have a good track of all changes, needed for
> > detailed release announcements.
> >
> > cheers
> >
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> Yes, I know.  I've done it, but I forgot to commit ChangeLog.  I've
> commited it now.  The commit comment of 2 or 3 files is also wrong,
> becouse I didn't know how it works until you explained it to me in the
> irc.
>
> I'm sorry. I promise you a good commit next time :-)

cool, thanks. For the other people, please take special care when committing to
CVS regarding the ChangeLog. You need an entry for *every* change you make, and,
to make my life easier, do the following when committing:

cvs -z3 commit -m "`head -n ChangeLog`"

where 'n' is the number of lines you added to the beginning of ChangeLog. This makes
the CVS log message the same as the ChangeLog entry, and so, when I'm going to
do a release, I just have to read my archived GNOME-DB mails, go over all CVS
commits since last version, and do a nice release changes description from the
cvs commits messages.

If you don't do that, I have to go to the ChangeLog, see the entry for that
commit, and, if you don't even add the description of the changes to ChangeLog,
your name and contribution won't appear on the release announcement :-)

So, please, everybody do as I say, and we'll continue to have the best release
announcements out there :-)