Re: [gnome-db] getting GnomeDb widgets from Glade

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 14:08, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > In C#, I'm trying to get a reference to gnomedb widgets from Glade:
> >
> > Glade.XML gui;
> > GnomeDb.Grid db_grid;
> > Gtk.VBox vbox_main;
> >
> > gui = new Glade.XML( null, "../gui/test.glade", "application", null );
> > gui.Autoconnect( this );
> > db_grid = (GnomeDb.Grid)gui.GetWidget( "db_grid" ) ;
> >
> > //this works
> > vbox_main = (Gtk.VBox)gui.GetWidget( "vbox_main" ) ;
> >
> > Error is:
> > Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from
> > source type to destination type
> >
> > How can I use gnomedb widgets in glade  like the rest?
> >
> yes, just make sure you select GNOME-DB support in your Glade project.
> That should work.
It does work, they are displayed, but when trying to access them from
the application like in the above example it crashes with that error.
Regular Gtk Widgets work.

The only work-around is to pack them manually, which is cumbersome.

--
Marius Andreiana
Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania