Re: [gnome-db] Re: Gda-buildserver

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 15:33, Anderson Clayton Eugenio da Silva wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya disse:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 19:27, Anderson Clayton Eugenio da Silva wrote:
> >> Hello All !
> >>
> >> Where can I get the script gda-buildserver ?
> >
> > it does not exist anymore. You can do what it did just using your normal
> > compilation process, and using pkg-config to retrieve the
> > compilation/linking flags.
> >
> > cheers
> >

> Hello Rodrigo,
>
> I would like to help the project, I sent a message a long time ago, asking
> for how to write a provider for Progress Database, but I could not start it
> at that time. Now I intend to do it... :)

wow, it's been a long time since then if you ask for that server :-)

> I was reading libgda manual and I got little confused about how to do
> this... Can I copy the structure of prostgres, mysql provider and change it
> for progress ?

yes, that's what I was going to suggest you. It all comes down to
implementing a GdaServerProvider-class, along with some helper functions
(as you wish, not needed to do it like the other providers), and
initialization code (libmain.c).