[gnome-db] libgda/libgnome questions

I'm using libgda/libgnomedb in my application sussen (which you guys
where nice enough to mention on the GNOME-DB website; thanks) and
I've got a couple of questions.

1) In libgnomedb if you use the GnomeDbConnectionSelector widget how to
do you find out what the user selected (if anything)?

2) How do you run a GnomeDbDsnConfigDruid?  I can put it into a window
and show it all but then what?  How does it get into a loop waiting for
the user?  How do I know when it's finished and I can call
gnome_db_dsn_config_druid_get_dsn()

In my app, I've got a Getting Started druid, if the user doesn't have a
pre-existing GNOME-DB connection to use then it offers a choice to
create a new one.  I thought I could just pop up the dsn_config_druid
after I was done.  I haven't been able to make it work thus far.

Would it be better to try and integrate GnomeDbDsnConfig into my druid?

3) When using the GnomeDbBrowser in a dialog I've noticed if I try and
destroy the dialog after the user has done something with the
GnomeDbBrowser widget it hangs my program.

I found that by getting the close signal and first calling
gnome_db_browser_set_connection() and setting it the widget connection
to NULL then calling gtk_widget_destroy() on the dialog
it works.

Is this the correct way to use the widget?

4) When my software inserts data into a database I'm getting this error
on every insert statement I make:

CRITICAL **: file gda-mysql-recordset.c: line 446
(gda_mysql_recordset_new): assertion `mysql_res != NULL' failed

Code wise what I'm doing is exactly from your libgda manual examples.
I've got a execute_sql_non_query function which I pass the connection
and SQL command as a string.

The data does get inserted and it looks okay.  I'm not sure where the
error is coming from.

I've also got a couple of questions about the GDA Report Engine.

1) Is it meant to be used today?  I noticed when trying to write some
code with it the libs were not being passed by pkg-config.  I was able
to get it working by manually adding the link to the libgda-report-2.la
file.

2) I'd like to have my application produce a number of different
reports  (in different formats) on the collected data with the user
being able to add more.

I kind of have that working today but it looks like the reporting engine
might be better suited to this task.

What's up with the libgnomedb ReportEditor widget?  I couldn't ever get
it to display when writing the code by hand and it wasn't in glade.  Is
it still a work in progress?

Will I be able to pass a ReportDocument to this widget let a user define
their own report in my application?  It sounds like that is how it
does/will work in the docs but it's not 100% clear to me.

Are there any plans to have some libgnomedb widget that can display
these reports in some fashion?  Say a ReportViewer widget?

3) Are there any examples for how the various ReportItems work
together?  I'm kind of iffy on how to layout a report properly.
I saw the stuff in report/testing but it was pretty basic stuff.

Loren Bandiera, CISSP <lorenb starchamber ca>
Star Chamber Inc.