Re: [gnome-db] Lightweight libgnomedb (libgdaui)

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 15:17, Dmitry G. Mastrukov wrote:
> > it looks ok so far, although I would try to remove the GNOME
> > dependencies in some basic widgets, such as the login widget/dialog and
> > the browser. Also, make sure everything is correctly enabled when
> > compiling on a UNIX system.
> >
> I tried to compile both versions: default (with GNOME) and with
> --disable-gnome. In gnome version all three tests works ok.

ok, then commit please.

> > Also, there are some parts of code surrounded by #ifdef WITH_GNOME that,
> > as far as i can see, have no gnome dependencies at all, so I guess the
> > #ifdef should be removed.
> >
> Hm, if such parts are my #ifdef BUILD_WITH_GNOME than I don't think so.
> I saw very carefully and tracked includes and sources recursively on
> occurence of gconf, bonobo and libgnomeui things. Some very innocent
> looked widgets were exposed in GNOME complicity on close look :)

ok, I might be wrong, since I'm talking about what I saw in the patch,
so maybe there was code hidden in the patch that was still using gnome
stuff.

> > Also:
> >
> > -CLEANFILES+=GNOME_Database_Monikers.server
> > GNOME_Database_Monikers.server.in
> > +CLEANFILES=GNOME_Database_Monikers.server GNOME_Database_Monikers.server.in
> >
> > I think you should not remove the '+='.
> >
> Ah, I remember autotools give message about 'Variable CLEANFILES must be
> initialized before +=' or something similar.
>
> Also note about new libgnomedb/gnome-db-i18n.h file which is slightly
> modified bonobo/bonobo-i18n.h. May be we should modify libgda/gda-intl.h
> in a manner like gnome-db-i18n.h and move it to libgda_INCLUDES so
> gnome-db-i18n will not be needed.

we already have one (gda-intl.h), which is private though. I don't think
thout it's a nice idea to distribute that file, so I'd vote for having a
similar private file for libgnomedb.