[no subject]

Also, what about autotools? Are you using those from cygwin in combination
with the Mingw compiler?

>  > I've been trying to compile/run libgda (from gnome-db) with
> postgres/cygwin
>  > on Windows using your glib, etc. binary packages without much
> luck. Before
>  > presenting specific problems (check gnome-db list if you are curious) I
>  > would like to have the most similar setup as possible.
>
> You shouldn't use the native Win32 GLib, GTK+ etc I distribute with
> Cygwin programs. It's not known to work properly. Simple stuff might
> work, but sooner or later you will run into problems.
>
> There isn't AFAIK any binary distribution of a GLib and/or GTK+ built
> for Cygwin. There has only recently (like in the past weeks) been bug
> reports about building GLib and GTK+ for Cygwin in Bugzilla, and I
> have fixed a couple of things in the sources accordingly.

In order to compile and use libgda I need:
- glib, libiconv, libintl from your packages

- intltool, docbookx412, scrollkeeper which I was able to compile from
source in cygwin but I don't know about mingw. What do you think?

- to be able to compile and link libgda with pq.dll (on cygwin) to create
libgda-postgres.dll. Can I do this, ie, compile with mingw and link with
pq.dll?

- to be able to use g_module_open from some gda-test program (compiled with
mingw) to access libgda-postgres.dll services (which access the
postgresql/cygwin daemon through TCP/IP).

What do you say?

Fernando