[gnome-db] An introduction of myself and a topic about C# Bindings for libGDA

Hello,

I want to introduce myself to the team here. My name is Danny deSousa
and I will hopefully be able to help this team achieve its objections
for the Mono project. I'm a volunteer just donating a whole bunch of
time to helping GnomeDB and Mono projects, simply because I like this
software development and open source stuff alot. I have 5 years of
experience developing data access, such as Odbc and some Ole Db, I have
alot of experience writing Sql processors and client/server software.

Open Source is an enormous divergence in development models from the
norm and I like it....:-) So enough about me and onto some serious
stuff.

I have talked to Rodrigo about starting the effort on the ODBC.Net
provider and he has eagerly given me the green light to start, and so I
am assuming that I am the only one working on that. Correct me if that
is not the case. I have spent the last 2 weeks learning LibGDA and the
other peripheral components that make up the GnomeDB package, I have
noticed that a C# binding to LibGDA would go a long way to making
implementation of the ODBC.Net Provider, as well as other providers,
alot easier. A search of the mailing list archives identified that such
a discussion did occur, however, those discussions occured in May of
2002. So you might be able to guess what my next question could be. Is
that effort still ongoing or has it been dropped for some reason? If it
is ongoing then too whom do I speak to and how can I help?

Thanks,

- Danny