Re: [gnome-db] Difficulties compiling MySQL provider...

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 02:16, Jeff Perrin wrote:
> Hello to the list!
>
> I've downloaded the most recent version of libgda (0.8.193), for which I
> would like to compile in support for the MySQL provider.  Where exactly
> do I point the configure script to?  I've tried running:
>
> ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql
> ./configure --with-mysql=/var/lib/mysql
>
> ...and a whole bunch of other locations as well.  The configure script
> runs ok and doesn't fail, but the mysql provider is never compiled.
> What (probably very obvious) step am I overlooking?

where is mysql installed? Usually, if you've used packages, it is in
/usr, so you should just use --with-mysql=/usr, or just don't use any
--with-mysql option and let configure detect it. If it is installed in
another prefix, just use that one with the --with-mysql option.