Re: [gnome-db] Reports

> On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 10:14, Santi Camps wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am just beginning a project using libgda, a web applications generator
> > that builds html forms from database schema information and so on.
> >
> > I am also looking for some good method of easy generate Reports.  I have
> > found some references to Gda Report in your documentation, and even I
> > have looked some of your code (0.8.194 from CVS).
> >
> > I thing that, nowadays, libgda-report-2 provides data types and methods
> > to define a report document, but nothing to put information in it or to
> > print it, isn't it ?
> >
> yes, that's all we've got implemented.
>
> > What are you thinking to do in this way?  Some new widgets in libgnomedb
> > or something more in libgda?
> >
> first of all, we need to add support to libgda-report to be able to
> process a report and return the filled-in XML (XML report with data from
> the database). Then, once this is done, we need, first, a UI for
> previewing and printing the report, and then another UI to design the
> reports.
>
> > I think that libgda is a very good product, and if I can I will try to
> > use libgda-reports too.  Congratulations for your work.
> >
> I am about to write a list of features for the 1.0 release, and one of
> them is the report stuff, which needs to be ready for a 1.0 release. I
> am planning to work on it myself if nobody else does it, but I'd really
> appreciate any help on that, so if you want, you can help on completing
> the reporting framework in libgda.

Well, I can't work so hard as you do (I have a job and a one year old
baby, so my free time is not a lot of time), but I will try to help you
with the reporting framework.

I have not a lot of experience in Gnome developments, so probably I will
be slowly.  Please, be patient.

Where I should to start working?  I should read any documentation
before?

Cheers