Re: [gnome-db] jdbc style C++ wrapper for GDA?

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 16:23, Alex Hornby wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 14:26, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 12:09, Alex Hornby wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm currently using libodbc++ (see http://www.orcane.net/freeodbc++/)
> > > which provides a JDBC style C++ wrapper for ODBC. Its very good, but I'm
> > > fed up of buggy closed source ODBC drivers.
> > >
> > > Is any working on a JDBC style C++ wrapper for GDA?
> > >
> > no, nobody is working, so if you want to work on it, it's yours.
> >
> > cheers
>
> The mailing list archives mention a C++ binding for the 0.2.x releases.
> Has that been dropped for the gnome 2 based releases?

no, they've been moved to the gtkmm (http://gtkmm.sf.net) project, which
contains bindings for many GNOME libraries. The problem is that to make
the move, a rewrite was needed, and right now, they're only started,
since nobody is really working on them.

But, as of last time I talked with gtkmm's maintainer, the job should be
quite easy, as all the infrastructure to use GObject-based libs in a C++
way is already done in gtkmm.