Re: [gnome-db] Getting things to work.

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 01:13, Antonio G. - Geotronix wrote:
> * Saturday 12 October 2002, alle 23:35, Rodrigo Moya scrive:
> > On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 20:28, Antonio G. - Geotronix wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > Is there a simple manaul or howto that help me get things up and running
> > > fastly. I just want mergeant to interface my postgres data sources. At
> > > the time of 0.2.94 I remeber that I needed a libgda-postgres-provider but
> > > now I can't find nothing but 'Default' libgda provider. How do I tell
> > > mergeant to use the postgres provider?
> > >
> > you have to install it. If you're using packages, make sure you install
> > gda-postgres (make sure it is the 0.8.x version). If you are compiling
> > from sources, make sure you've got the postgres development libraries,
> > and check that configure says it detected them.
> >
> > cheers
>
> Sorry.
>
> I thought I only needed the libgda and mergeant packages installed. Now
> I see the postgresql provider yet can't connect to the database. it
> gives me error -1 and mergeant crashes other times.
>
> FATAL 1:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.0.3, user antonio,
> database rubrica
>
> This is not true as here are the listing:
>
> [Sun Oct 13, 00:55am][antonio gaia:~]psql -l
>         List of databases
>    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
> -----------+----------+-----------
>  rubrica   | antonio  | SQL_ASCII
>  template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
>  template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> (3 rows)
>
> and

> # Put your actual configuration here
> # ----------------------------------
>
> # This default configuration allows any local user to connect as himself
> # without a password, either through a Unix socket or through TCP/IP;
> # users
> # on other machines are denied access.
>
> local        all                                           ident
> sameuser
> host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           ident
> sameuser
> host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0             reject
> host         all         192.168.0.3   255.255.255.0       trust
>

> For now I'm using the trust option for debugging purposes. As soon as i
> get logged in I will use 'ident sameuser' and create a map for sameuser
> in the gp_ident.conf file.
>
> What am I missing?

I'm not sure. Things seem to be ok, AFAIK. Can you connect without
problems using the psql command line?

About the crash, please install bug-buddy, and when mergeant crashes, it
will popup a wizard that allows you to send a bug report with debugging
information. Run the wizard and make sure it includes the debugging
info, and we'll take care of it.