Re: [gnome-db] Getting things to work.

* Saturday 12 October 2002, alle 23:35, Rodrigo Moya scrive:
> On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 20:28, Antonio G. - Geotronix wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Is there a simple manaul or howto that help me get things up and running
> > fastly. I just want mergeant to interface my postgres data sources. At
> > the time of 0.2.94 I remeber that I needed a libgda-postgres-provider but
> > now I can't find nothing but 'Default' libgda provider. How do I tell
> > mergeant to use the postgres provider?
> >
> you have to install it. If you're using packages, make sure you install
> gda-postgres (make sure it is the 0.8.x version). If you are compiling
> from sources, make sure you've got the postgres development libraries,
> and check that configure says it detected them.
>
> cheers

Sorry.

I thought I only needed the libgda and mergeant packages installed. Now
I see the postgresql provider yet can't connect to the database. it
gives me error -1 and mergeant crashes other times.

FATAL 1:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.0.3, user antonio,
database rubrica

This is not true as here are the listing:

[Sun Oct 13, 00:55am][antonio gaia:~]psql -l
        List of databases
   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
-----------+----------+-----------
 rubrica   | antonio  | SQL_ASCII
 template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
 template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
(3 rows)

and

# Put your actual configuration here
# ----------------------------------

# This default configuration allows any local user to connect as himself
# without a password, either through a Unix socket or through TCP/IP;
# users
# on other machines are denied access.

local        all                                           ident
sameuser
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           ident
sameuser
host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0             reject
host         all         192.168.0.3   255.255.255.0       trust

For now I'm using the trust option for debugging purposes. As soon as i
get logged in I will use 'ident sameuser' and create a map for sameuser
in the gp_ident.conf file.

What am I missing?

Bye