Re: [gnome-db] sybase provider in 0.8.193 not building

Hi,

The freetds provider works with freetds 0.53.
You can obtain it from most metalab mirrors, e.g.
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.53.tgz
Make sure to also config freetds correctly.

I have done the api change to 0.60 recently. However, if the provider
plugin is linked against freetds 0.60, g_module_open()
returns NULL in gda_config_get_provider_list() in gda_config.c and
hence it will not be loaded. So these changes are not commited, yet.
I assume this might be a problem with gcc 3.0.4.

The upcoming cvs version will hold a provider linking against both apis,
as i'm merging 0.53 and 0.60 together this weekend and try to fix the
problem.

Though, avoid freetds 0.60 for productive sybase servers at least with
TDS4.2. E.g. there is an open bug crashing ASE 12.5 with TDS4.2 protocol
(http://www.freetds.org/README.0.60). So better use 0.53 instead.

Regards
Holger