RE: [gnome-db] General Query

The default provider wil work.  In libgda 0.8.x, the default provider uses XML as its data format.

-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-db-list-admin gnome org [mailto:gnome-db-list-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Mukherjee, Devraj
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 2:20 AM
To: gnome-db-list gnome org
Subject: [gnome-db] General Query

Hello All,

I am new to GNome DB and was wanting to know if GNome DB allows storage and retreval of data from some native format, so that I dont have to worry about having  a particular data base server on the target computer.

I am primarily looking at writing applications that have some sort of a portable data format, performance is an issue to some extent but portability is the biggest issue.

If any one has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.

Devraj