Re: [gnome-db] Trouble on using Postgres TimeStamp with libgda0.2.96

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 11:36, José Dapena Paz wrote:
> 	Hello:
>
> 	We are developing an application using libgda for data access. But we
> are getting trouble on using TimeStamp with Postgresql provider.
>
> 	The problem: I get record set with typestamp columns, and obtain the
> corresponding GdaValue. But this GdaValue is of type VarChar, when I
> expected to find a TimeStamp.

hmm, if I remember correctly, yes, there was a problem with timestamps,
that were not being managed correctly by the postgres provider, so it
defaults to VarChar, which is the default value.

> 	It looks like it has been fixed in CVS. But viewing the ChangeLog from
> the tarball for 0.2.96, I found the latest change was in December. Is
> this a known problem? Can I take the provider from CVS or the API has
> changed?

no, it won't work, 0.2.x and 0.8.x series are incompatible. And, as I
said yesterday, for new developments, PLEASE, use the GNOME 2 version.
You don't need all of GNOME2 to use it, just glib-2.0 and libxml2.

This and many other things are fixed in the GNOME 2 version, for which
you can get snapshots in ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/snapshots,
made daily from CVS