Re: [gnome-db] Using \copy comand in gnome-db.

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 16:35, Antonio Gennarini wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wondering why gnome-db-0.2.95 refuses to let me use the postgres
> \copy command. Only the postgres user can use COPY and \copy doesn't
> work. SO how can I export data from a gnome-db SQL window being a normal
> user?

you can just select all rows in a grid, and select 'Copy' from the popup
menu associated with that grid widget. This will copy the whole
recordset to the clipboard, as tab-separated data. You can then just
paste into another GNOME application (an editor, for instance).

In the GNOME 2 version, we've added the option to export as comma
separated also. And this, without the need to copy/paste, just by
selecting which file you want to save to.