Re: [gnome-db] XML Support

On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 07:06, Daniel Morgan wrote:
> How is the XML support in libgda/libgnomedb/gnome-db/gasql?

in 3 ways:

* XML queries format
* XML database format (for export/import)
* XML report format

> What features are complete or available to use now?

the XML query API is complete, but is not being used yet. The XML
database format is basicly working, although only for tables.

> What features are people working on now?

I am working on the XML format and on doing a default provider based on
that format (XML).

Gonzalo is working on the SQL parser, which will be used by this default
provider to be able to receive SQL commands from clients.

> What features are planned?

completing all the XML format, finishing the XML report, and, most
important, make use of the XML queries soon.

> Any documentation on these XML features?

You've got a draft Vivien wrote about the XML query stuff in
http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/.

For XML database, gda-xml-database.[ch] is the only documentation.

For the report stuff, you can have a look at the DTD
(libgda/report/gda-report.dtd).