Re: [gnome-db] Patch for postgres provider

* [ Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
* Sat, 09 Mar 2002 01:31:34 +0100 ]
> >  	pg_res = PQexec (pconn, "SELECT oid, typname FROM pg_type "
> >  				"WHERE typrelid = 0 AND typname !~ '^_' "
> >
> is the oid field present in pg_type for 7.2? If so, why in pg_type and
> not in pg_attribute?
> But well, if it works in 7.2 and also in previous versions, that's ok.

	Under psql, when I type '\d pg_type', it doesn't show the oid
	column, but 'select oid from pg_type;' works ok.

> > +	nrows = PQntuples (pg_res);
> > +	td = g_new0 (GdaPostgresTypeOid, nrows);
> > +	for (i = 0; i < nrows; i++) {
> > +		td[i].name = g_strdup (PQgetvalue (pg_res, i, 1));
> > +		td[i].oid = atoi (PQgetvalue (pg_res, i, 0));
> >  	}
> heh, very nice way to deal with this. But, could you retrieve more info
> from the types? That is, in the SCHEMA_TYPES, right now we are just
> getting the names of the types, but we are going to extend this and get
> extra information. So, it would be nice if you could store as much info
> as possible in td[].

	This data is used in the recordsets resulting from the
	connection just to map gda <-> postgres types.

	The data for SCHEMA_TYPES uses this mapping but gets its data
	from another query (see the still-unfinished
	gda_postgres_fields_metadata()).

[...]
> > -	type_list = get_connection_type_list (pconn);
> > -	if (type_list == NULL) {
> > +	priv_data = g_new0 (GdaPostgresConnectionPrivate, 1);
> > +	priv_data->pconn = pconn;
> > +	if (get_connection_type_list (pconn, priv_data) != 0) {
> >
> if priv_data->pconn is already set to 'pconn', why do you need both
> parameters in the call to gda_connection_type_list?

	Wow! When you review code, you REALLY do it! Again, you are
	right.