RE: [gnome-db] Name proposal/contest for gnome-db/gASQL

El lun, 17-06-2002 a las 19:25, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
[...]

> > IMO the best would be to have 3 core modules: libgda, libgnomedb and
> > egnima, and a 4th one (gnome-db) to be a virtual module which basically
> > grabs the 3 previous ones.
> >
> so, are you saying to move, when the port is finished, the gasql branch
> into its own module (egnima) and then just keep gnome-db as a virtual
> module?
>
> If so, copying the gnome-db sources physically to egnima in the CVS
> repository might do the trick, without losing any CVS history.

I think that "The best thing (TM)" is:

cd /cvs/gnome
mv gnome-db egnima
cd ~/cvs/CVSROOT
vi modules --> change the gnome-db entry to be: gnome-db &libgda
&libgnomedb &egnima
cvs ci

And all is done.

This way we will not have a real gnome-db module (we should point in our
website how get gnome-db for GNOME 1.4 from CVS because it will be in
egnima instead of gnome-db)

I think it's the easiest way to change all.

[...]

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín