[gnome-db] Oracle provider connection designator

I've been trying for much of this afternoon to determine if there is a way
to connect to an Oracle database without using the TNSNAME from
tnsnames.ora.  I have been able to successfully connect using libgda
to an Oracle database, with a DataSource definition something like

  <section path="/apps/libgda/Datasources/Oracle">
    <entry name="Provider" type="string" value="Oracle"/>
    <entry name="Username" type="string" value="SCOTT"/>
    <entry name="Password" type="string" value="TIGER"/>
    <entry name="DSN" type="string" value="TNSNAME=GAMBLOR;PASSWORD=TIGER"/>
    <entry name="Description" type="string" value="Oracle libgda provider"/>
  </section>

with gda-test.  I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to do a OCIServerAttach
without using the TNSNAME, and if so, what the syntax is.  I understand that
the TNSNAME would be preferred, but I'm sure there must be some way to
do it with a combination of host, port, and sid.

I'm sure Rodrogo and Gonzalo are tired of me asking, so I thought I would send
it to the list.

Any comments or suggestions?

--
Tim Coleman <tim timcoleman com>                       [43.28 N 80.31 W]
BMath, Honours Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo