Re: [gnome-db] libgda / libgnomedb tutorial

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 14:30, Florian Blaser wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I started to code a small test application using libgda (and I'll try
> libgnomedb when ready) and didn't find any good "fast-start" documentation,
> like a tutorial (I'm thinking about the gtk+ tutorial), and the API doc is
> sometime not really complete. Is there anything that I missed ?

no, we're short on documentation, so that's all we've got :-(

> If there's nothing like that, I'd be happy to create one, with the help of
> the gurus (since I haven't managed yet to run a query on my DB using
> libgda...). I believe that if you want gda and gnome-db to reach a wider
> audience, there is a urgent need for such a document.

yes, it's really really urgent, se it would be really great if you could
start working on such a document. The best thing, IMO, is to complete
the current API documentation to leave it as a complete reference
document. For this, you just need to use the
libgda/doc/C/libgda-docs.sgml file along with the documentation
associated to each function, which is in special comments (/** ... */)
in the source code (libgda/libgda/*.c

> Are the gurus ready to answer some silly (-ier -iest...) questions, so that I
> can write something usefull ?

yes, of course. Please just ask anything you need to know :-)