Re: [gnome-db] Feature requests : reverse engeneering & md5 stamps

Le Vendredi 13 Décembre 2002 15:16, Daniel Morgan a écrit :
> I onced used a program that basically created the SQL based on the database
> object.  It worked for MS SQL, Sybase, Oracle, and others...  Basically, it
> generated the DDL based on the meta data it could get from the database.
> This was for creating scripts to export database structure changes to other
> databases.  So, I could see this being done for libgda.

I guess this is called reverse-engeneering (?). On pgAdmin list, we got
several emails asking "how do I migrate this database to that other
database". With libgda returning the SQL needed for each object in a field,
this would be easy (=rev_eng field).

An md5 stamp for rev_eng field (=rev_eng_md5) would be useful.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel