[gnome-db] post-release and 1.0 plans

Hi

After the 0.9 release, here are the plans:

* the release-0-9-branch is dead, so don't commit anything to there,
unless it's an important fix which by itself justifies a 0.9.x release.
All commits should go to HEAD, from where I'll be doing all the
following releases.

* next releases will be numbered 0.10, 0.11, ..., up to 1.0

* I've created milestones in bugzilla for the 3 products for 1.0
features. More or less, and apart from 'normal' bugs (crashes, etc),
that's the list I've come to, based on people's comments as requested
some weeks ago

- full integration of libgnomedb widgets in Glade2
- sybase provider (Holger already did a lot about this)
- ODBC provider (hopefully Dan will be working on porting it from the
old architecture)
- Interbase/Firebird provider
- Graphic widgets, that generate different kinds of graphs based on live
data from a database. I was planning on using libguppi for this.
- read-only connections -> this is very important for GNOME Office apps.
- don't use deprecated GTK stuff, such as GtkCList, etc
- full documentation. API docs are in good shape, although missing some
stuff, but we really need a joe user's guide.
- grant/revoke API

Apart from that, which I think should be mandatory for a 1.0 release,
nice things that I'd really like to have is:

- report engine. Hopefully Santi will come up to something working soon
- Berkeley DB provider
- XBase provider
- user-made forms in mergeant
- per-DBMS configuration widgets (gODBCConfig)

I don't want the 1.0 release to take longer than needed, so I'd prefer
if we first stick to the mandatory stuff and then add new features if
time and resources permit.

So, comments? ideas?