Re: [gnome-db] cygwin update

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 14:05, Margus Väli wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 09:42, Margus Väli wrote:
> >
> >>Yes, it works(dynamically links, that is) fine, thanks.
> >>

> > ok, works also on linux, so I've applied it to CVS.
> >
> > cheers
> >

>   I'd appreciate if you'd also consider the other patch
> against ./configure.in (postgres libs) - it should work
> like before on non-cygwin platforms.

yes, I asked Gonzalo to have a look at it, since I don't have cygwin nor
a windows machine.

> I'm also greatly concerned about long long not and related
> stdlib functions like atoll not apearing in ansi C, someone
> had suggested an implementation but this has some conceptual
> problems on w32. Meanwhile, I've just replaced the
> atoll() with atol() in order to compile.

hmm, I think we might then have to add an implementation for that
ourselves, or find another way to do it.

> Yet anoter story is that /usr/lib/libgda/provider libs fail
> to dlopen here, I've attached file /usr/lib/libgda/providers/*
> and gda-test.exe output.

yes, that's a known bug, the code tries to open *.so files, so .dll are
not even read.

> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/cyggda-default.dll:    MS Windows PE Intel 80386 console DLL
> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/cyggda-postgres.dll:   MS Windows PE Intel 80386 console DLL
> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/libgda-default.a:      current ar archive
> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/libgda-default.dll.a:  current ar archive
> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/libgda-default.la:     ASCII English text
> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/libgda-postgres.a:     current ar archive
> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/libgda-postgres.dll.a: current ar archive
> /usr/lib/libgda/providers/libgda-postgres.la:    ASCII English text

libgda-postgres.dll.a? why the .a?