Re: [gnome-db] 'data-aquire' service and libgda

On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 20:44, Gonzalo Paniagua Javier wrote:
> * [ Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
> * Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:33:46 +0200 ]
> > > 	It's stopped since February. But may be my approach to it is
> > > 	somewhat complex (i want to be able to parse/verify SQL99).
> > > 	Does XQL recognize wrong syntax?
> > >
> > what do you mean?
>
> 	Well, the parser I started is done with flex+bison and will
> 	issue an error if the query is not semantically correct.

hmm, yes, good idea. I think it makes a lot of sense to convert the SQL
into a GdaXqlQuery, which is already a representation of the whole SQL
command.

> 	If XQL is able to check the semantics of an expression, that
> 	task turns out to be much more simple for me: I just have to
> 	tokenize the expression and little more.

I am not sure it might cope with syntax errors, but we could make it
cope with them. I think that shouldn't be hard.