[gnome-db] Re: GNOME_DB - perl volunteer at hand

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 15:25, Rafiq Ismail wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> I'm writing with regard to:

> libgda API, since we\'re starting to add scripting support to the GNOME-DB
> front end, and so we need to let access to libgda API from those scripts.
> We need somebody with medium Perl skills
>
> I might be your man.  Got a high standard in perl and I'd be quite keen on
> mucking in.  Do you have spec. which I can look at?

cool! Yes, you might be our man.

So, the current plan for bindings, perl included, is to use the tools
created by the bindings team, which consists in (if I haven't
misunderstood):

* generating .defs file for the API to make bindings for
* generating bindings for many languages using those .defs files.

So, this is, as you can see, not a 100%-perl-related stuff, since the
.defs files have a somewhat similar syntax than the one in lisp. But, if
you do the .defs file, you'll make the work for several bindings at once
(perl, guile, python, etc).

So, do you like the idea?