[gnome-db] libgdamm: C++ bindings

I have read in the mailing lists that the libgda (part of the gnome-db
project) C++ bindings are generally broken. I guess that this is due to
the change to use GObject in libgda. However, we have solved this
problem for the gtkmm/gnomemm wrappers.

The C++ bindings also unnecessarily rename the methods to use e.g.
SomeMethod instead of some_method. Further, they do not use enough C++
types, are hand-coded, and are generally inconsistent with the gnomemm
C++ bindings for the rest of GNOME.

Therefore I have created the libgdamm project, which you can find in the
gnomemm module in cvs.gnome.org. This will attempt to wrap libgda in the
same way that we have wrapped many of the other GNOME libraries.

I would appreciate some help with this. The gtkmmproc code-generator is
documented and several people on gtkmm-main lists sourceforge net are
familiar with it. We are also available on #c++ on irc.gnome.org.

Due to libgda's use of CORBA types in its interface, it might be
necessary in future to make libgda depend on the ORBit2 cpp branch, but
this will be merged into ORBit2 HEAD soon after GNOME2 is released. The
libbonobouimm project already depends on the ORBit2 cpp branch, so we
know how this works.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net