Re: Antwort: [gnome-db] RE: gda & oracle & gnome2

On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 09:56, stephan heinze xcom de wrote:

> hi,
>
> my box is running an oracle9i environment and i would like to start this
> week (rodrigo sent me the sources - thanx a lot).
>
> first thing i would start is the configure-script and the detection of
> oracle ( 8 or 9i ).
> next would be the >compiler-stage< fixing of includes and linking flags.

I think that was somewhat fixed by an Oracle.com guy some time ago. If
so, all should be correct for both 8i and 9i, although it won't work,
AFAIK, with 8.0.x

> btw. is there an  test app in libgda?

yes, in testing/gda-test. There are tests for all the API, and also
extra tests for PostgreSQL. You can add specific oracle tests to that
program if you want to.

> which provider is the advanced one ? (to have a look at it :-)

the postgres one.