Re: [gnome-db] RE: gda & oracle & gnome2

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 22:08, Daniel Morgan wrote:
> I haven't done anything with the Oracle provider yet.  So, have at it!
> :-)
>
> I do know it is hard to develop for something where the development
> environment is moving underneath you - glib2/gtk2/gnome2.  I'm
> definitely not used to that!  Are there any binaries available instead
> of rebuilding which is SLOW on my machine -- takes 2 to 3 days to build?

in debian sid there are packages for most of the GNOME 2 libraries,
which is what you'll need for compiling libgda/libgnomedb/gnome-db.

In RedCarpet also, there is a channel called 'GNOME 2 snapshots', which
contains RPMs for most of the GNOME 2 desktop, included libraries and
apps.

Also, make sure you don't have a buggy libtool. To check it, see, when
linking, if there are several repeated '-llibrary' parameters (-lm -lm
-lm -lm ...). If so, tell me and I'll send you the libtool's patch for
that.

> I spoke with Gonzalo in IRC at the beginning of this week, and he was
> interested in working on the Oracle provider too.
>
> Maybe, we can split the various tasks up?  I can make sure it runs on
> Oracle 8i since the requirements to run Oracle 9i on my machine are too
> much.

well, do it as you guys prefer. Stephan? Gonzalo?