Re: [gnome-db] gnome-db headers and inclusion

On Mon, 2001-09-03 at 22:10, will lashell net wrote:

> Okay sooo one big issue i'm facing atm, is getting the
> right stuff #include'd in my app. Which/what how much
> stuff do I need to #include. I thought I got everything
> and lo, and behold.. still not enough seems to get it.
>
> After a good bit of trial, here is what I ended up with
> that -seems- to be correct.
>

> #include <gnome.h>
> #include <gda/GDA.h>
> #include <gda/gda-common.h>
> #include <gda/gda-connection.h>
> #include <gda/gda-recordset.h>
> #include <gda/gda-corba.h>
> #include <gnome-db/gnome-db.h>
>
> it would seem to me that at least some of these could be
> combined into a common include? Perhaps?

yes, all of gda/* can be replaced with gda-client.h

> Also..  here is something I'm getting an error with..
>
> 	gulong *reccount;
> 	GdaRecordset* rs;
> 	GdaCommand* cmd;
> (48)	rs = gda_command_execute (cmd, &reccount, NULL);
>
> but i'm getting the following errer
>
> ofs-messages.c:48: warning: passing arg 2 of `gda_command_execute' from incompatible pointer type
> ofs-messages.c:48: warning: passing arg 3 of `gda_command_execute' makes integer from pointer without a cast
>
> I'm sure its something stupid i'm doing.

I think it might be because of some header file not being included. Just
include gda-client.h, or even better, just gnome-db.h. This should pull
all the needed headers.

> Also..
>
> why do I need to specify a ui creation function in gnome_db_main() ?
> This seems to be a significant difference between gtk_main() and gnome-db. If I
> just pass it NULL will it work?

yes, it will work. If you specify a valid function, it will just install
an idle handler, and call the given function the first time that idle
function was called. If it's NULL, it does nothing.