[gnome-db] libgda and application development

Hello all,

I'm attempting to use gnome-db/libgda to write an application
to connect to our mysql database server. I am having a few
problems however.

Firstly, where is there a -simple- example / tutorial application?

I'm having some real problems because I can't seem to find out
how to actually use the libraries correctly in an application, or
what I need to add to the link and compile lines.

I've looked at the testing directories and the docs on the website
but all of them are either way way too complicated for a first time
user or are not relevant at all.

Secondly, is this the right list to post my comments / thoughts as
I work with this, or should I use the -devel list for it?

I've worked a great deal with database development in both web
environments and with ADO. I'm hoping that I will find libgda nice to
use.

Does anyone know when python bindings might be available for this, or
have they even been planned?

Sincerely,

Will

"Doh.. STUPID STUPID STUPID"

--an excerpt taken from every developers cvs
  commit message at some point