[gnome-db] Re: RPM packagers for GNOME-DB

On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 11:45, William Caban Babilonia wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I find this:
> http://www.gnome.org/todo/view.php3?id=82
>
> ...and I'm wondering if you still needing a packeger for GNOME-DB RPMs?
> I have several RH 7.[0-2] machines you can just let me know how I may
> help.

Hi again William (and others)!

Well, it seems we've got a lot of people wanting to help on the RPM
stuff, so let's take advantage of that :-)

There are some things that would be great to have done:

* make a spec file for libgda-perl (and maybe update it to the recent
API changes)
* fix/make spec files for gASQL, gnumeric, glade, libglade, so that they
all build correctly with gnome-db/libgda support, and so that we can
have packages for all those in our FTP area.
* be responsive to email when we make a new release, so that we can have
almost at the same time the tarballs, and RPM and deb packages (I
usually send a mail 3/4 days before making the release, so it's not too
hard :-)

I think for 2/3 people this is a very small amount of work, which will
mean just a little bit of spec hacking, and then, just run a script
every time we make a new release.

I will be (hopefully) fixing the spec problems reported by Adam for the
gnome-db RPM this evening, so if RPM-volunteers want to start with all
this, they can do it as soon as they want :-)