Re: [gnome-db] Re: patch for gASQL configure.in

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 11:11, Malerba_Vivien stna dgac fr wrote:
> le mar 27-11-2001  22:42, Rodrigo Moya a ?rit :
> > Hi!
> >
> > Vivien, here's a patch for fixing the gda/gnome-db detection in gASQL.
> >
> > I haven't been able to test it, since I'm getting a strange error in
> > libltdl:
> >
> > checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) yes
> > checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
> > checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
> > ./../ltconfig: ./../ltconfig: No such file or directory
> > configure: error: libtool configure failed
> > configure: error: ./configure failed for libltdl
> >
> > any idea?
>
> Nope. I have never seen it. Could it be because of some new version of
> libtool (Mandrake8.1, I haven't tested RedHat yet), which for me has the
> effect of taking a _very_ long time to link the executable?

I've got libtool-1.4.2-2. And I've got also libltdl (which is where it
fails I think). So, wouldn't it be better to have an option in configure
to use the libltdl you include in gASQL or the one installed on the
system?

> > the patch also fixes the Bonobo detection, which was broken, as it was
> > in libgda/gnome-db (the AM_PATH_BONOBO macro seems to not work anymore).
> >

> OK.
>
> > Can I commit?
> >

> If you don't mind, I'll do it because the CVS version is not up to date
> with version 0.6-0.2.93 (because I'm too lazy), so I need to put it up
> to date, which I'll do today.

perfect, less work for me :-)

BTW, also, I saw that you've got the intl directory added to the CVS
repository. This directory is auto-generated, so there's no need to do
it. I'm sure Carlos can provide a patch to fix it :-)