Re: [gnome-db] gnome 2 development

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 17:04, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 17:02, Will LaShell wrote:
> > Hey guys, with the weekend coming up, I'm trying to not work on work
> > this weekend, and would like to play around with gnome-db some more. Any
> > part of the new development stuff that i could compile from cvs and mess
> > with?
> >
> > If anyone is going to be on irc today, just lemme know where to hang out
> > at.
> >
> I'm on IRC right now :-)

anyway, I'll ask you here in case you don't come to IRC when I'm in.

Right now, I am finishing all the basic infrastructure, so what would be
nice would be to start writing providers.

So, you can start by adding the basic open/close/transaction stuff to
your preferred provider (MySQL, Postgres). All this should work staright
away, what is missing is the command execution and data retrieval.

To do so, just create a directory in libgda/providers (called mysql or
postgres, etc, since I want to get rid of the gda-whatever-server
directories), and implement a program which creates a GdaServer
instance, and which registers on it the provider. And then, for
implementing the provider, just make a new class derived from
GdaServerProvider, implementing all the virtual methods.

BTW, the libraries are now in libgda/libgda, not in libgda/lib/gda-*.
They're all now in a single library.