Re: [gnome-db]memory leak

[sorry for responsing so late. I was on holiday in Lisbon.]

> > memprof says that the memory of 'list = gda_list_datasources ()' is not
> > freed. I copied gda_list_datasources sources into same file (of course different name:)
> > and tested again. Then memprof sees in gda_list_datasourses a memory leak:
> > 'dsns = node = gda_dsn_list()'. And again at the end of the function
> > 'dsns' will be freed with 'gda_dsn_free_list(dsns)'. I don't see any memory leaks there.
> > Therefore I'm not sure about memprof correctness.
> >

> it seems to me that is may be wrong because of the 'dns = node =
> gda_dsn_list' line, since it may be
> thinking that both dns and node have been allocated, and maybe he's
> expecting a free on both. Don't know, just guessing :)

ok. I was just unsure if I have created a memory leak in the part which
I'm working on. The attached patch adds a new property, which is the one
proposed by Damon. Of course it't not finished, but a glimpse what I
have done.

> > BTW: I'm still working on gnome-db integration into glade. But it takes
> > me a lot of times to get into gtk and gnome-db stuff. That's actually
> > the reason why I'm asking about the memory leak. I've a new
> > property added. But I have really a hard time to get it right.
> >

> please, do not hesitate in contacting us if you've got any problem. I'm
> sure we'll be able to help you.

If I contact you for all problems I have, I would only write emails :)
The Problems are typecally for beginners I guess, so I normaly search the
web for FAQ. But thanks for the offer.

wagi
--
Daniel Wagner
email: wagi gmx ch

GnuPG: 1024D/DCDE890A (public key available on any keyserver)